The Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Prevention Therapy System is a pneumatic compression device that noninvasively helps reduce the incidence of deep vein thrombosis, a potentially life-threatening condition in which a blood clot forms in a vein deep inside the body. If the blood clot breaks off, it can travel to an artery in the lungs and block blood flow.
The system consists of a pump and a pair of soft compression garments that wrap around the calf,
calf-thigh, and foot on each leg or foot. Air compression inflates the garments during a 60-second
automatically timed cycle (an approximate 12-second inflation period followed by a 48-second
relaxation period) to mimic the body’s natural walking functionality, ensuring circulation, and preventing early blood clotting.
The DVT Prevention Therapy System is intended to be used preventatively to increase
venous blood flow in patients at risk of deep vein thrombosis, including patients who experience trauma, critical care, general medicine, and general surgery, as well as who may have undergone neurological, orthopedic, urologic, obstetric conditions and treatments.
The DVT Prevention Therapy System should NOT be used on patients with the following conditions:
- Severe atherosclerosis or other ischemic vascular diseases
- Suspected or known acute deep vein thrombosis
- Severe congestive cardiac failure
- Existing pulmonary embolisms
- Extreme deformity of the limbs
- Any local skin or tissue condition in which the garments would interfere, such as gangrene, untreated or infected wounds, recent skin grafts, dermatitis, etc.
- Known presence of malignancy in the legs
- Limb infections, including cellulitis, that have not received antibiotic coverage
- Presence of lymphangiosarcoma
Dimensions: 4” (W) x 7” (L) x 11” (H)
Weight: 5.5 lbs
Inflation Cycle: 12 seconds
Rest Period: 48 seconds
Cycle Time: 60 seconds
Pressure: 40mmHg (Default)
Electrical: 20 VAC, 60Hz, 45 VA Maximum
Fuse Rated: 250 FAC, 1.0 AMP (SLO-BLO)
Protection Against Electric Shock: Class II
Operation Mode: Continuous
Protection against Water: IPXO